Children’s healthy development is vital for their learning and wellbeing and lays the foundation for a happy and healthy life. Families have access to a range of SA Health services and programs through Darlington Children’s Centre including:
- Health promotion materials and activities on dental health, healthy eating and physical activity and health, child development and parenting information.
- Child and Family Health Services, such as maternal health nurses and child health checks.
- Primary Health Care Services, such as speech pathology, occupational therapy and nutrition groups, young mother’s groups, fatherhood programs and Aboriginal health programs.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, including therapy for children and parents and The Incredible Years program.
- Allied Health Program: At Darlington Children’s Centre occupational therapists, speech pathologists and other allied health staff provide an allied health program to build the skills and knowledge of staff and parents to support children’s development.
- developmental screening
- staff development sessions
- parent consultation
- parent and child group programs
- short term intervention for children
Information about Allied Health Programs in all Children’s Centres is available.